To Cortisone or Not to Cortisone

ThankYouTinyBabyJesus! Jonathan got some jobs! One of the jobs is so big that it may lead to a lot of work in the future which is definitely great news.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the rheumatologist. I need to decide if I should get cortisone (steroid) shots in my back and/or jaw. Both my back and jaw are aching, but neither ache is severe right now. However, I’ve had intermittent severe jaw pain for months now and the back ache is prone to becoming severe. I won’t have another rheumatology appointment for 6mo and I’m not sure I can afford another copay if I have an emergency between tomorrow and 6mo from now.

Sigh…I should probably just put on my big girl panties and get all the cortisone shots.

Today Luke came up with the idea that if there was suddenly a pill that would cure RA and fibromyalgia, I would take it and we would have a throwin’-the-meds-away party. Luke is a sweet, empathic kid. Never change, Luke, never change.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s